This 2009 study published in the European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology was performed on 83 patients over a two-year period. The results are astonishing showing over 70% of patients reporting improvement in their symptoms and no patients reported any worsening of symptoms.
Amazing studies like this prove that through chiropractic and spinal adjustments many other issues besides neck and back pain are helped. Chiropractic doesn’t claim to “cure” anything, but it allows the body to heal and function itself at as close to optimum as possible. This is achieved through adjustments to the spine, which allows the nervous system to regain proper function and healing and a healthier nervous system results in healthier humans.
With millions of people suffering from digestive issues, it’s up to us to share this research with them. So share this research with everyone you know and help us change the way health care is viewed in our community.
Digestive Health Study
This study is simple and straight-forward involving the significance of Chiropractic spinal adjustments and digestive health. Most of the public still believes that Chiropractic is only necessary and proven to help low back or neck pain. Research like this helps us better understand and communicate the fact that Chiropractic achieves noteworthy results not seemingly related to the spine. Chiropractors performed spinal adjustments on 83 patients over a two year period. The results were as follows:
- The study evaluated 83 patients with symptoms of digestive pain in the central chest or epigastric area of more than 2 years’ duration.
- Patients were treated conservatively using chiropractic manual spinal intervention and soft tissue techniques
- Exercise and other home-based treatments were not included in the treatment protocols.
- 71% of the patients reported an improvement in the average severity of their symptoms
- 29% of the patients reported no change
- No patients reported any worsening of their symptoms
- 45% reduced their use of dyspepsia drugs!
- Chronic dyspepsia has a low incidence of self resolution and a natural history of deterioration.
This study indicates that chiropractic management can have a highly significant positive impact on gastro-esophageal reflux disorder symptoms.
Non-drug related solutions are needed for people suffering with digestive complaints. Millions of men and women suffer from digestive disorders in the United States, along with hundreds of millions worldwide. Treatment intervention usually involves medications or surgeries. Unfortunately, the cause is overlooked and successful results have not been achieved in the majority of cases.
Chiropractic does not seek to cure. But a missing link to many of the unwanted digestive conditions and complaints is spinal biomechanics. Studies like this help to drive home the point that a healthier nervous system results in a healthier human being. Results with digestive complaints is just one of many positivist changes achieve through Chiropractic spinal adjustments.
For more information about how our chiropractic care can help improve digestion and digestive health, please contact us by calling 513-561-2273 or contact us via our website at any time.