Your throbbing head feels as though it is splitting in half and you’re nauseous, maybe even vomiting.
You have a migraine headache and you just want the pain to go away.
Many things can trigger a migraine headache. The most common ones include:
– Foods, including alcohol, aged cheese, caffeine, chocolate, artificial sweeteners and seasonings (MSG)
– Hormonal changes, related to a drop in estrogen levels, which may occur before a woman’s monthly period. Birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy can also trigger migraines
– Too much/too little sleep
– Weather changes or changes in time zone or altitude
– External factors, such as bright lights, certain smells (perfume) or second-hand smoke
Typical medical treatment for migraines is prescribed preventative and symptom-relieving medication.
Positive Results for Migraine Headaches with Chiropractic Care
A number of research studies have examined the effects of chiropractic care on the frequency, intensity and duration of migraine headaches. One such study, conducted for six months at the Chiropractic Research Center of Macquarie University in Australia, involved 177 participants who had migraine headaches for an average of 18 years.
The results of the study were impressive; most of the participants experienced positive outcomes. Seventy-two percent (72%) had substantial reduction or noticeable improvement in their symptoms, including a drop in the frequency, intensity and duration of their migraines, and a decreased need for their migraine medications.
If you or someone you love suffers from migraine headaches, or any other type of headache, please consider our safe and effective chiropractic care. Review our patient testimonials; we have many patients who are grateful for the migraine headache relief they have experienced as a result of our chiropractic care.
Schedule an appointment at any of our greater Cincinnati, Ohio clinic locations by calling (513) 561-2273 or schedule from our website at any time.